Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Commitment without marriage.

A few days ago I watched He's Just Not That Into You. I'm not exactly a chick flick lover here but that movie was pretty good! I especially love the part where Neil (Ben Affleck) talked about how relationships don't always have to lead to marriage. If you want to upgrade your relationship to the next level, then it's just as simple as doing a vow that you'd be committed to each other, that you'll keep your love 'till the end of time. That way you still can have someone to hold on to, a chest to lay your heads on, someone to grow old with, someone to pass on your generation without the strain of getting into marriage just because your fussy neighbors would gossip about your spinster life if you're still unmarried at the age of 35.

That's what you call a commitment. And sometimes getting into commitments is harder than getting married. More than a few people are married out of force, society pressures, or the fear of being alone. And then the next thing they know they regret ever taking that decision, mainly because they realize that their love for their spouses have drained out overtime, so divorce becomes their only option. Whereas in commitments, you have to really love somebody to choose that path, therwise you would know deep down in your heart that you don't want to be committed to that certain someone. Oh and unlike marriage, when you feel the need to break off the commitment, you don't have to pay a fortune to hire a lawyer and waste your time energy emotion going back and forth the court. Snap.


The only thing that differentiate commitments with marriages is a stupid ring on your finger. So admit it, marriage is overrated.

Why am I writing this? Because right now what's going on in my mind is: I want him but I dont want to be with him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment