So the deal is, I just came back from a trip to the Anyer beach with my friends. Because it took us almost three hours to get there, we decided to rent an apartment and stay a night over. Actually there is a nearer beach to Jakarta, called Ancol and only an hour away, but it's too crowded and not even beautiful.
And as always, it was awesome. I have been to Anyer and stayed at the same apartment three times in a year and it never failed to make me happy. Well, Anyer is not actually a white-sand, clear-turquoise-water kind of beach, but I love the waves there. They're not too soft nor too rough, just perfect for bodysurfing. What I usually do is paddle with my bodysurf-board further up to the sea, to the spot where the water current would just pass me through without breaking down into ripples of waves, and then lie down on the board with my back facing the sun. It's a perfect way of getting some tan and relaxing your mind from the busy hassle of... everything.



While I was at it, two songs kept repeating themselves in my head:
"I dig my toes into the sand
The ocean looks like a thousand diamonds
Strewn across a blue blanket
I lean against the wind
Pretend that I am weightless
And in this moment I am happy...happy"
I Wish You Were Here - Incubus
"These canals, it seems, they all go in circles
Places look the same, and we're the only difference
The wind is in your hair, it's covering my view
I'm holding on to you, on a bike we've hired until tomorrow"
Cayman Islands - Kings of Convenience
One more thing, I actually have this holiday syndrome: Whenever I go someplace else as a vacation and had a good time, I would start reminiscing my time and couldn't help but wanting to go back there again when I got back home. And that's the kind of state I am in right this second.
And besides Peter Pan, I have one more person to fantasize about: Tarzan.
No comments:
Post a Comment